Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Why Are We In Iraq?

Yo, cantab buddy, are you there?

I'm waiting to find out why we are still in Iraq. I keep asking this question and I'm not getting a whole lot of answers.

You were my last hope, what with your "cantab" education and all.

I'm beginning to think that the answer is the one that flashed across my screen a little while ago . . .

We are in Iraq for the oil.

We are in Iraq so Americans can continue to drive their gas-guzzlers and not pay more $100 for a high-test fill-up. Wow. What a reason to give 1600 families for the loss of their loved one. What a reason to give to thousands of Americans who have lost limbs, eyesight, emotional well-being.

What a reason to give to service people whose marriages broke up because of extended tours.

In 1954, I saw this on TV, the Army lawyer turned to Senator Joe McCarthy and said in a grieved voice: "At long last, sir, have you no decency? Have you no decency?"

I ask you now cantab and other defenders of Bush: "Have you no decency? At long last, have you no decency?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home