Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I'm Sorry, Mr. Kristof

My wife took a photograph of a car with a back window decal grieving the loss of Joey Bonk, 22 years old, presumably in Iraq. See

http://photos.yahoo.com/librespondent

click on the album icon, then click on the picture icon

Joey could have been our grandson. I took a few minutes to think how I would feel if Joey had been our grandson.

I'm sorry, Mr. Kristof. I agree with you. But my first priority is to try to do something about the needless killing of youngsters like Joey Bonk.

In a post I read yesterday, a Vietnam Veteran asked how high will the count have to go, 5,000, 10,000 American dead in Iraq before George Bush admits his mistake and brings our troops back home. I had a lot trouble dealing with that question.

Mr. Kristof, I can't deal with your question at all. I'm really sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home