Saturday, June 14, 2008

An Untimely Death

I can't get over the fact that Russert's doctors did not repair his coronary arteries and were not able to convince him to eat a lot less and to exercise more.

According to the doctor's description published in the NYTimes, Russert was allowed to live with Coronary Artery Disease without any attempt to clear up his problem. Why did Russert not have a Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG)?

I can testify that I had a CABG at age 76 and it was like having a new lease on life. I could exercise as much as I wanted and I no longer have to worry about a piece of plaque breaking loose and causing a heart attack.

Russert could have lived many more years. There are expert sugeons nowadays who do the CABG without having to stop the heart, without having to use the heart-lung machine totally avoiding the possibility of brain damage. I know, beacuse I was lucky (or smart) enough to have such a surgeon do my CABG.

What a rotten shame that Russert did not consult such a cardio-thoracic surgeon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home