Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Cloud with a Silver Lining

I had an unusual experience today. I was walking with my wife and I tripped on a loop of plastic packaging tape that someone had discarded on the sidewalk. I fell forward into my wife and knocked her over.

Almost instantly a young couple appeared and asked me whether I needed help, did I need an ambulance, did I need a pillow to rest my head on, etc.

I was greatly cheered by this benevolent intervention and after a few moments of rest to gather my wits, I accepted their outstretched arms and almost gracefully rose up to a standing position. I thanked them profusely, assured them that I was fine and we went on your way.

The young couple also assisted my wife with comparable concern and kindness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home